New Academic Staff – Introduction to Teaching & Learning
Welcome to the academic community at Lincoln.
Whether you are new to teaching, or just new to Lincoln, this section is intended to complement your School’s local induction and provide you with an overview of key teaching & learning information. This content will also signpost you to additional resources and support that will guide you as a new member of academic staff, this includes:
- An overview of the ethos and function of teaching & learning at Lincoln as set out by the University’s Strategic Plan and Student as Producer principles.
- The University’s governance and strategy, which guides your understanding of what is expected from your teaching, including the regulations and policies which govern this.
- How and where to find support for your teaching, including digital education guidance, tools and resources.
- What services are available for students and how they can help them with their academic studies or personal challenges.
- The options to develop your career at Lincoln, as well as how to access staff training and development opportunities.
You will find much of this information within the New Academic Starter handbook (below) which contains links throughout to many of the areas referenced above. Alternatively, you can navigate to a specific area through the buttons below, as well as those hosted (back one level) through the Academic and Research Hub. Contact information for all departments and services referenced are similarly provided within each section, as well as throughout the handbook.
More general information and tools you will need as a new member of staff at Lincoln are accessible via Human Resources New Starter Hub here.