Welcome to Human Resources
Delivery of Services from September 2021
Recruitment – Managers are encouraged to continue to conduct interviews online. Guidance for this is available here.
DBS checks – These are now fully managed online and will continue to be. You can access the DBS system here.
Right to Work checks – The Home Office has issued revised guidance that where it is not practical to carry out an in-person document check that an adjusted right to work process may continue through to the 5th April 2022. These adjustments will allow the checks to be carried out over video calls and sending scanned documents or a photo of documents using email rather than sending originals. The appropriate method will be identified as part of onboarding. For clarification please speak to your HR Assistant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expenses – Expense claims are through our Self-Serve portal MyView and full guidance and support can be found here.
Payroll and Pension queries – The Payroll Services team are available via email email@example.com, or via a Teams call to any member of the payroll team. We also offer drop-in sessions on a Wednesday evening 2pm – 3:30pm and Friday 4.30pm – 6pm to offer support to our employees.
Leave Management – Recording of annual leave or sickness absence is done through MyView. You can log into MyView here, as well as access useful guides. If you have any further queries with regards to leave management, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training sessions – The next academic year development programmes will be available from September. The training sessions can be booked here. For any training or development queries please contact email@example.com.
Online modules – Full access to the University’s online modules can be found here.
Induction – induction sessions will remain online.
To help staff find answers to general queries we have compiled a range of FAQs. General HR and Payroll FAQs can be found here and help to answer most queries employees have. COVID related FAQs can be found here.
Email Support Contacts
- firstname.lastname@example.org – all benefits, payroll, pensions, annual leave, e-expenses queries – also for certificates regarding sickness or queries with MyView for absence entry
- email@example.com – all queries regarding staff training and appraisals
- firstname.lastname@example.org – general hr queries including recruitment, contracts, starters / leavers and parental leave
- email@example.com – for any queries regarding individual wellbeing inclusive of mental, physical and financial
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for all equality, diversity and inclusion queries, including Access to Work, staff networks, Race Equality Charter
We will endeavour to ensure that we respond to your query as quickly as possible but please place as much detail as possible on the email to quicken this process.
We will ensure you are kept up to date on all people matters through our communication channels: